Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mimick an author, a small biography of me


A regular day, unlike any other, is none other than today. Waking up to the background sounds of cars passing by and miniscule shouts of “Wakeup, time to go to school!” outside my room door from my father. The morning shouts and schedule was a routine by now. I’d wake up to shouts, crawl out of my bed sheets, and get dressed. There was always the morning rush because I always woke up late, but of course I was used to it. Nothing quite satisfied or surprised me during these school days. My school days usually just consist of me waltzing into the cafeteria unnoticed by the crowd in the mornings, but of course this wasn’t a normal school day. Dressed in irregular clothing I make way through the school halls catching the eyes of people passed and people that I had yet to pass.

Arriving at my locker, I was somewhat cheerful and thought I was going to have a great day. I left my locker with a tear, but I didn’t mind it. I wiped my eye with a piece of my clothing. Reaching the senior hall I saw familiar faces all around, some dressed up in the holiday garments, some not. My clothing stood out yet fit in for the day. Going into my homeroom, my sanctuary, my desk, I could close myself off.

Upon the bell, the room began to fill with its students and some, my friends. The girl who sat next to me for the past three years noticed something was bothering me.

Margaret asked, ”Something wrong?”.

“No, not really…” I said.

“Hmph, then why’re you so blah today? Did something happen?”

“Eh, kind of, but not really… it’s nothing out of the ordinary (as it wasn’t in this day and age)”

“Tell me about it”

“My girlfriend broke up with me.” I said while playing with my fingers.

“What! How is that something that kind of happened? I mean, what went wrong? How’d she break up with you?”

“It was something about her parents. Doesn’t bother me too much I guess.”

“What…? Is something wrong with you? Your girlfriend just broke up with you.”

“I don’t care.”

“Something has to be on your mind. You feel nothing, nothing at all? Like, you said something about her parents. Maybe she didn’t want to do it.”

“It was her choice really, I can’t do anything about it if I wanted to, and honestly, I don’t want to. I really do have more things to be concerned with today, but really, don’t mind me. I seem to have physics first, amusing class it is. ”

“You should at least try to get her back, because if you don’t, then you two really won’t get back together.”

“I’ll consider it, maybe, after my tests. I don’t know if I’ll be able to concentrate though. My chest seems to ache a bit.”

“Hope you have a nice day then”

“Yup, thanks for the concern. I’ll figure something out.”

No comments: